Handpiece Cleaning & Lubrication Procedures
1. Clean exterior of handpiece using isopropyl alcohol and a towel
2. Spray or apply several drops of lubrication/cleaner into chuck tube
3. Spray or apply 1 to 2 drops of lubricant/cleaner into chuck area
4. Install straight bur into chuck. Ensure that bur is secure.
5. Rotate bur between thumb and index finger to help loosen debris particles lodged in turbine
6. Attach handpiece to air supply (purge units in sterilization area work best) point bur away from yourself and into clean white towel held in your opposite hand. Depress rheostat for approximately 30 seconds or until all lubricant/cleaner is expelled. The Expelled lubricant should be the same color as the contents in the lubricant bottle/can. Ensure that all lubricant is expelled.
7. Wipe away all lubricant/debris from exterior of handpiece.
8. Remove bur from handpiece.
9. Sterilize according to manufacturer’s instructions. Allow sterilizer to complete its cycle. Never cool handpiece by running cold water over it.
11. Wipe away all excess lubricant from handpiece exterior.
12. The handpiece is now ready to be used…….. Click here for office copy